Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ahhh a day off. It's amazing, isn't it? The rug rat is at school and the boyfriend it off to work. I have an hour left before I have to pick Avery. What to do...? Cook, clean, workout, drink a cup of coffee and catch up on my reading. A wonderful way to kill an hour. Actually, I have a productive evening planned and a good nights rest ahead of me. Since I've been going to bed ridiculously early (for me) at 10:30-11:00 I've been waking up before my alarm goes off every morning well rested. I'm practically Cinder-freaking-ella with the singing birds on my finger. I'm THAT girl. Dare I say? A morning person. What has become of me??


Even worse? I juice. I have this dinky Black and Decker juicer that pulverizes the fruit and veggies but not really well. I spend more time yelling at the machine than cleaning it out and you know how hard that is to do. I think I may have even had a conversation with Jack LaLanne this morning about how he needs to come back from the dead and gift me one of his juicers for a belated birthday present. So despite the slightly loud and profanity filled experience I'm left with this lovely juice that I have before I consume anything else and one more late in the day (left overs).

GREEN LEMONADE
2 Organic Gala Apples 
1 Organic Lemon (whole)
A few stalks of Celery
Hands length of Cucumber
1 inch of ginger

Juice. Then add a dash of agave nectar to the mix. Serve over ice and enjoy!

I'm reasonable comfortable with admitting that I've gone a little raw crazy. It usually happens this time of year. I especially like going grocery shopping and then slightly judging other people's carts. It kills me to see families with over flowing carts filled with crap, crap and more crap. And what's worse is I kind of understand. Why buy a bag of $5.00 (or more) organic apples when you can get a $.69 can of fruit in syrup?


No comments:

Post a Comment