Thursday, July 28, 2011

17 Days Left (but who's counting)

Well dinner last night didn't work out as I had planned it. I got home late from the gym and needed something fast or I was going to gnaw on the steering wheel. Quickly I whipped together spirialized zucchini, carrots, cut fresh corn off the cob and doused it in bruschetta and a lemon dressing. Half way through I realized it wasn't cutting it for me so I came up with plan B. And let me tell you what, plan B was ingenious. I frequent a local sushi restaurant, Sakura Sushi, but normally I get rolls, tempura.... yadda yadda yadda. All the yummy but bad for my tummy food. So I devised a plan on how to stay mostly raw. Salmon and Tuna sashimi, salad and miso soup. Though miso soup is not raw it is still packed full of fiber and the protein my body was clearly screaming for. Well, midway into my meal I was speaking to the owner about how much I love Korean food and I haven't been able to get any from my favorite Korean restaurant. (They went back to the motherland for a month.)She gets all excited and brings out a huge bowl of her homemade kimchi and a bowl of rice. Seriously could it get any better than that?! Then she brings out these lovely nori sheets that she has sent to her from Korea and we make pouches with the rice and nori. Life could not have gotten any better at that point. Sans the rice, I stayed true to my raw and fish only rule and I ate like an Asian Queen. To make the moment even better she sent me home with a huge bowl of kimchi to snack on. I love this woman.

On the menu for today:
Breakfast- cup of coffee (I never finished because it gave me rot gut) a banana and a peach

Lunch- The left over spiralized zucchini mix from last night

Late Lunch- Spinach, yellow pepper, tomato with salsa and lemon dressing

Dinner- Fattoush Salad with Za'atar and grilled salmon.

My workout schedule is pretty busy. Zumba from 5:30-6:30 and MMA from 6:45-7:45. Lord save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment