Sunday, September 4, 2011

I may be crazy but...

Well, two 5k's in a weekend. I know what you are thinking... "Gitch, what are you doing??" The fall is just about here and I want to get into the swing of things before the winter is on us. I would have to wait a whole year (A WHOLE YEAR?!!?!) before I could do either of these again. 

So here it goes:
Saturday 9/10/11 The Spartan Sprint at the Blue Mountain Ski Area in Palmerton, PA
 Sunday 9/11/11 Bell of Hope 5k walk/run in Binghamton, NY

I'm sure this is crazy but I'm so very excited. These past few weeks have been an eye opener for me. I've been sober (as of today) 19 days. Now that may not seem like much to most people but this is the longest I've gone with out even touching a glass of wine. Cold sober peoples. Cold sober. There was this physically fit and active person inside me that was screaming to get out. Unfortunately, I shut her up with merlot and chocolate. Not anymore. I want to do the Tough Mudder in April of next year and giving in to being lazy and not following the things I know in both food and fitness is a waste of my potential. I've surrounded my self with people who are on the same track as me and I'm loving life. 

I can't wait to share with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment